Welcome

Welcome to the Warriors of Talminia Official website! I am Emmarayn Redding, author, poet, and artist.
The Warriors of Talminia is a book series in development, detailing the adventures of a line of warriors known as The Heirs of Ralienah- brave women sworn to protect their country, Talminia, whatever the cost. Book One can be purchased at this link: The Quest for the Ivory Sword
The ebook version can be purchased here.
Here, you can read about the world of Talminia, discover more about the characters, and receive news about the series in general. The link to the art and illustrations can be found at the bottom of the page.
So what are you waiting for? Explore, make yourself at home! I look forward to hearing from you.
-Emmarayn Redding

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Character Interviews: The Heroes Part I

*  *  *

We started with the villains, because let's face it- they're the ones who drive the story.  Now we move on to the heroes!  Since there are many of them, they will be interviewed in small groups.  Please welcome Group A of the protagonists of QftIS, Nayram`e and Fayri!

*  *  *

Interviewer: Hello! I'm your host, pleased to meet you!

Nayramé: Hello! (shakes hand) I'm pleased to meet you as well.

Fayri: Hullo! (curtsies) Nice to meet you!

Interviewer: Thank you so much for doing this interview with me. I know your lives must get pretty busy.

Nayramé: Oh, it's no trouble at all! It's an honor, really.


Fayri: Well, I don't know about busy... there's not really much to do at home, since it's just me and my mum and dad. I needed to come to town anyway to get a few things.
Nayramé: Like what?

Fayri: Oh... some new shoes... maybe a belt to match the dress I got for my birthday...

Interviewer: So before we really get started, can you tell us a little about yourselves?

Nayramé: Certainly! My name is Nayramé Arrowflight. I am the fifth Heir of Ralienah, and the next in line to be the Warrior of Talminia. I am three-quarters pixien; my mother was half-pixien and half-human, and my father was a pixie from Trivaire.

Fayri: And I'm Fayri Blackwood.... the um... only person in Talminia with that first name. (shrugs) I'm half fairy, half pixie.

Interviewer: Nayramé, you say that you are Ralienah's heir. Could you tell us who this Ralienah is?

Nayramé: Well, Ralienah is my country's favorite hero. Five generations ago, she came to Talminia from a neighboring country, Kalavar, and liberated us from the slavery we were bound to. After the war she was named the Warrior of Talminia, the protector of our land. Ever since then, her descendants have inherited the title as soon as they come of age.

Interviewer: Excellent. Tell me, do you have any siblings?

Nayramé: No. My mother and father died before they could have any more children.

Fayri: No, but I have cousins! All of them are older than me.

Interviewer: How would you say your relationship with your parents is?

Nayramé: My parents died before I was old enough to remember them, but from what my grandmother has told me about them, I love them very much. My grandmother Solay is the one who raised me, so she's the only mother I've known. She and I have the best relationship a girl could ask for. And though I've never known a father, Lord Cireth of Trivaire has taught me many things, and I look up to him as a role model.

Interviewer: Who would you consider your best friend? Or friends, if you have more than one.

Nayramé: Fayri, for one. And Kurin, whom I've known all my life. He and Fayri and I are all very close.

Fayri: Oh, Nayramé, definitely. We only met a few years ago, but we just sort of... clicked.

Interviewer: What do you like doing for fun?

Nayramé: Sparring, riding, and reading. Kurin and I go on horseback races all the time, and I go to the libraries whenever I visit Trivaire. I love reading the histories of my ancestors. Such great heroes... I long to be like them.

Fayri: Mm... I like trying on clothes, shopping for clothes and jewelry, talking, and going to festivals!

Interviewer: What would you say your greatest weakness is? And don't worry, I won't share this with any of your enemies.

Nayramé: I think... my greatest fear is the loss of my family, and my country. I love Talminia and its people very dearly, and I love Gram, and Kurin, and Fayri more than anything. That's the fear that's closest to my heart. As far as trivial fears go, I've never been fond of spiders...

Fayri: She's terrified of them!
Nayramé: I am not-
Fayri: Yes, you are! If you see one anywhere near you, you freeze.

Nayramé: Fine. What are you afraid of?

Fayri: Well, for trivial fears, I dread being without proper conveniences like hairbrushes, fresh water, soap, and the like for any extended amount of time. But for a real fear... I can't imagine losing my friends. They mean a lot to me.

Interviewer: Interesting! Now, from what I've heard so far, I can tell you guys are really different... almost total opposites. I'm curious... that is, I hope you don't mind my asking; why are you friends?

Nayramé: (looks at Fayri)

Fayri: (Looks at Nayramé)

Nayramé: Well, just because we're different doesn't mean we don't have our similarities. I may not be as obsessed as Fayri is, but I do enjoy fashion. You'll notice that even if I've been camping in the mountains for a few days, I still manage to look pretty.

Fayri: And just because I don't like getting my hands dirty doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good adventure tale! I love the stories of the Warriors of Talminia as much as anyone! And we talk about heroes... and boys... especially handsome ones!

Nayramé: If either of us needs to talk, we're always there for each other. Despite our differences, we work well with one another. For the most part.

Interviewer: That's great. Now here's a pretty goofy question; what is your favorite food/snack/treat?

Nayramé: (snickers) I am fond of cheesecake... and bacon. Especially when it's wrapped around watercress and baked in brown sugar and butter!

Fayri: I love sweets of any kind! Raspberry cream pie, cookies, cakes, tarts, turnovers...

Interviwer: Okay, now I'm hungry. Anyway! Everyone has their quirks... can you describe your friend's quirks? Not yours- your friend's!

Nayramé: Well, I say this with the greatest respect and understanding, but... (whispers) she's extremely vain!

Fayri: She's very particular about grammar, I've noticed. She also likes to be in charge. And she seems to like to get up at the most unwholesome hours of the morning. Goodness knows why! Everyone knows that if a girl wants to be beautiful, she needs plenty of sleep.

Interviewer (laughing): Okay... okay. On to the next question. Do you have any ambitions? Plans for your future?

Nayramé: I know that one day I will be the Warrior of Talminia, but until then, it's been my lifelong dream to have an adventure. A real, important one, like my mother, and grandmother, and ancestors before me. Other than that, I suppose my dreams are the same as any girl's. I want to find a wonderful man, fall in love, marry... and I definitely want children.

Fayri: I guess I haven't thought of my future much. Something grand though... elegant, and flashy!

Interviewer: Well, thank you very much! It's been wonderful having you. Save journey back home! And have fun... uh... saving Talminia!

* * *

2 comments:

  1. I like the interplay between Nayrame and Fayri. That's fun.

    Was that a Princess Bride reference in the end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Good friends.

      It certainly looks that way, doesn't it? It wasn't intentional, but I see it now. Funny! :D

      Delete